Travelling to La Tania
Our prices do not include any travel, which gives you the flexibility to choose your own method of transport and travel times to suit you.
Dahu operates a Sunday changeover and Juliette a Saturday changeover. Generally, it is quieter and more economical to travel on a Sunday, but there are more transport options available to you if travel on a Saturday.
There are four major airports all within easy reach of La Tania by road and travel times are as follows:
- Geneva (2 hours 15 minutes)
- Chambery (1 hour 30 minutes)
- Lyon and Grenoble (2 hours 15 minutes)
- Snow Jet - Flights to Chambery from Bristol, Gatwick, Manchester and Stansted
- British Airways - Flights to Geneva from all major airports
- EasyJet - Flights to Geneva , Grenoble and Lyon from all major airports
- FlyBe - Flights to Chambery from many regional airports to include Southampton, Newcastle and Birmingham
- Jet2 - Flights to Chambery and Geneva from many regional airports to include Leeds, Manchester and Edinburgh
We can offer a transfer service at a competitive price, subject to availability from Geneva or Chambery airport. A minimum of four people is required.
Transfers from Grenoble and Lyon are only available for parties of six or more people.
We are fully licensed to carry paying passengers; all our minibuses can carry 8 passengers.
We may be able to accommodate smaller parties on request, but there may be an additional charge. Please see our transfer service terms and conditions before booking your flights.
To ensure that you arrive at the chalet at a reasonable time and also to give the chalet hosts ample time to prepare the chalet for new arrivals we ask that departing flights are preferably between 11am and 4pm and arrival flights between 9am and 2pm but no later than 5pm. We collect and drop off at the airport between 930am and 5pm. If your flights are outside of these times, the cost of your transfer could be considerably more, typically a surcharge of £15 per person will apply.
You may want to consider booking your transfer with a private transfer company.
Any guests choosing a late departure will not have access to the chalet between 10am and 4pm on departure day. Please consider carefully your flight times and check with us before booking your flights.
Please go to the prices page for transfer prices.
La Tania is approximately 600 miles from the channel ports and is served by motorway to within 12 miles of the resort. Tolls are approximately 70 Euros each way. Please note that it is obligatory to carry snow chains when driving in the Alps. If you would like a quote for a Eurotunnel crossing, please contact us.
Type your postcode or town to get directions:
La Tania is served by Môutiers train station, just half an hour from La Tania by road. We can provide a transfer to and from the station, please note the earliest pick up is 730am and latest drop off is 10pm
1. Overnight Eurostar Direct Sleeper Service - Depart on Friday evening leaving London Waterloo around 8pm to arrive Saturday morning in Môutiers around 6am. Blankets and pillows are provided, but no couchettes.
2.Daytime Eurostar Direct Service - Travelling in a normal seat, depart on Saturday morning leaving London Waterloo around 9am, arriving Saturday in Môutiers late afternoon around 5pm.
3. Overnight Eurostar via Paris/Sleeper Service - Take one of Eurostar's normal services to Paris from London Waterloo, change stations and then transfer to a sleeper train for the journey from Paris to Môutiers, arriving early on Saturday morning. Prices include a sleeper couchette on the Paris-Alps section of the journey.
Transfers from Môutiers can be arranged through Ski-Dazzle for £25 return.
*Please bear in mind that the overnight service may not be suitable for young children or for people who find it difficult to sleep on the train. You will be expected to ski on both Saturdays and we cannot offer shower facilities on the departure day.
We will make available a place for you to change out of you ski gear on departure day, but from 10am you will no longer have access to the chalet.
There are a number of restaurants and cafes near to the station.
A very cost-effective way of travelling to La Tania. The direct coach departs London Victoria station late Friday afternoon and arrives in Méribel on Saturday morning. The coach will either drop you off in La Tania, or we will come and pick you up from Méribel.
For further information, please contact:
Ski Méribel Telephone +44 (0)20 866 88223 www.skimeribel.co.uk
Check out time on the day of departure is 9.30am. The chalet will not be ready for incoming guests before 4pm, but if you would like to arrive early, please advise us at the time of booking.
For all early arrivals and late departures whether flying, driving or taking the train, you will not be able to stay in the chalet during the day. By 10am all guests must be out of the chalet, so the staff can clean and prepare for the new arrivals. We are happy to provide luggage storage and a place for you to change into and out of your ski gear, but we are not able to offer shower facilities and you will no longer have access to the chalet after 10am.
Occasionally there is an overlapping of outgoing and incoming guests on changeover day.